- Dates & deadlines
- Community Research Collaboration Awards
- Translational Research Awards
- Innovative, Developmental & Exploratory Awards
- Conference Awards
- Program Initiatives
- Policy Initiative
- Application process & materials
- Grant administration
The program-directed initiatives are designed to leverage California's unique and diverse geographic, population and research resources to support critical studies that significantly move these fields forward and create solutions.
The CBCRP currently reserves 50 percent of annual research funds for the program-directed initiatives (learn more about program-directed initiatives as a funding priority). Three award mechanisms are used:
- Request for Qualifications (RFQs) to solicit applications to identify the most qualified researcher to conduct studies with specific pre-determined research questions and plans.
- Program Directed Awards (PDAs) to fund crucial projects identified during the strategy development proposed by the Steering Committee and approved by the CBCRP Council.
- Request for Proposals (RFPs) investigator-initiated applications, similar to our Core Funding, responding to a specific initiative topic.
As with other CBCRP award mechanisms, applications are reviewed and scored for scientific merit by out-of-state peer and advocate reviewers to minimize possible conflicts of interest. The final funding recommendations are made by CBCRP's Council.
OPEN PRogram-directed INITIATIVES REQUESTS FOR PROPOSALS
|Funding announcement||Full RFP|
|Community-Driven Pilot Studies to Explore Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Consumer Product Availability and Use||RFP (pdf)|
|Adverse Childhood Experiences and Breast Cancer||RFP (pdf)|