We offer two types of funding: annual investigator-initiated research awards and periodic opportunities for program-initiated research in targeted topics.
In our 2015-2016 (cycle 22) call for applications, we are offering funding for the following award types:
- Innovative Developmental and Exploratory Award (IDEA): for promising high-risk/high-reward projects. Up to $150,000 direct costs for up to 18 months.
- Translational Research: for projects that overcome barriers and put prior research knowledge to practical use in the patient or community setting. Up to $750,000 direct costs for up to 3 years.
- Conference Award supports a conference, symposium, retreat, or other meeting to stimulate new ideas and collaborations. Up to $25,000.
- Community Research Collaboration (CRC) awards: for community based participatory research projects that include a collaborative partnership between a Community co-PI and an Academic co-PI in all phases of research. Up to $150,000 direct costs for 18 months (CRC Pilot), and up to $600,000 direct costs for 3 years (CRC Full).
Preparing to apply:
- To be responsive and eligible for funding, each applicant must explain how their proposed research addresses one or more of our priority issues. (Examples provided in our priorities overviews are intended to cover broad breast cancer research topics and the examples provided are not all-inclusive.)
- Who may apply? CBCRP funds research only in California. Learn more about eligibility.
- Review dates and deadlines for any funding mechanisms you're considering.