We need your support in order for CBCRP to continue life-saving research to prevent, treat, and cure breast cancer.
More than 4,200 California women die of breast cancer each year. There are six important ways you can help—all tax deductible.
- Donate Now
- Tax Check-off
- Community Partners
- Exective Leadership for Community Partners
- Corporate Programs
- Major Sponsorship Opportunities
Your donations help us advance research further and faster against breast cancer.
- Online: Donate online and become a CBCRP Community Partner!
- By mail: Download a pledge card and mail your donation to: California Breast Cancer Research Program, University of California Office of the President, 300 Lakeside Drive, 6th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612.
Contributions and gifts to CBCRP are tax deductible as allowed by law. For further information, please call toll-free 1-888-313-BCRP (2277).
Volunteer Task Force
Do you have some time to spare to help advance the fight against breast cancer? Your time, energy, and experience can help optimize our outreach efforts at scientific and community events, and you can help us reach new communities and underserved populations in California.
As a member of the CBCRP Volunteer Task Force, you will have opportunities to attend meetings and conferences that present the latest advances and information on breast cancer research and education in California. VTF members will meet and work alongside many of the leading breast caner scientists, activists, and community leaders, not only from California, but also throughout the United States. CBCRP staff will always be in attendance. Your commitment will help us to reach our goal for a larger presence in California and for engaging stakeholders at the community level. All events you are asked to attend will be located within your area.
For more information, email email@example.com, or download our VTF Registration form (PDF). Completed forms can be faxed to (510) 587-6325 or mailed to: California Breast Cancer Research Program, University of California Office of the President, 300 Lakeside Drive, 6th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612.
You can help!
Your contribution to the California Breast Cancer Research Fund on your state income tax form 540 will directly fund vital research into the causes, prevention, and treatment of breast cancer. It’s easy and tax deductible. Find out more at cabreastcancer.org/taxcheckoff/.
With each cycle of grant awards, the CBCRP takes another step toward our mission: to eliminate breast cancer by leading innovative research, communication, and collaboration in the California scientific and lay communities
Part of our mission is the responsibility to communicate research findings and to impact health policy. In the process, we build a bridge of collaboration and education with scientists, advocates, non-profits, the private sector, government and the public.
In support of our mission, earlier this year we initiated the first development and marketing campaign in our nine-year history. With fundraising, media, and community outreach now underway, we are slated to launch an innovative effort this fall known as the Community Partners Program. The CPP was created to “spread the word” about the CBCRP and to offer a platform for broad-based education, participation and financial support.
Our goal for the Community Partners Program is to attract individuals and groups in the private and public sectors and literally get them involved. Their choices are many⯭ contributing online, via mail or through individual income tax forms, to sponsoring events or internal communications and enlisting others to support the CBCRP.
Download your mail-in pledge and mail to: California Breast Cancer Research Program, University of California Office of the President, 300 Lakeside Drive, 6th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612. Contributions and gifts to CBCRP are tax deductible as allowed by law. For further information, please call toll-free 1-888-313-BCRP (2277).
Or donate online and become a CBCRP Community Partner.
Executive Leadership for Community Partners
At the helm of the Community Partners Program you'll find a stellar group of accomplished individuals who comprise our newly-formed Executive Committee. They represent a myriad of disciplines and outstanding achievements. Most important, they share a passion for supporting the mission of the CBCRP. View Executive Committee Bios. In 2003, the Executive Committee established the Faith Fancher Awards to honor one of their founding members and to support research that extends Faith’s commitment to breast cancer education and support for all women facing breast cancer. See the list of Faith Fancher Award.
The CBCRP needs:
- Companies to hold tax check-off publicity events at their worksites and to distribute information on the tax check-off program internally
- Retail companies to promote tax check-off among their customers
- Professional associations and industries involved with tax preparation to publicize the tax check-off program
- Business leaders to identify influential colleagues to take leadership roles in the CBCRP
- Companies to fund long-term research studies, especially with adolescents, costly clinical trials, and conferences and community collaborations with scientists
Major Sponsorship Opportunities
- Underwrite CBCRP's symposium, which brings together scientists, breast cancer advocates, and community members for open discussions about the latest breast cancer research findings and results of clinical trials.
- Underwrite the CBCRP's quarterly newsletter that keeps the public informed about the latest breast cancer research findings.
- Underwrite much-needed program evaluations to ensure that CBCRP is funding the science that will bring us closer to curing breast cancer.